Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Paperwork Stress

Ok so maybe I shouldn't have left the paper work to the last minute, but hey I was hoping we didn't need it.

I am completely overwhelmed with what is about to happen and it actually seems like everyone around is pre-occupied with everything else. So much for not being stressed.
I don't want to say "hey look at me, I am going through IVF" but it would be nice if people around me acknowledge the seriousness of this and what I might be feeling.

Now as I flick through the consent forms I am inundated with what feels like a 1000 questions and just to make it a little more stressful they all seem to be life changing ones.
Can I phone a friend? go 50/50 or ask the audience?


What day do I want to Transfer the embryos?

How many do I want to transfer? ( if I do PGD (genetic testing on embreyo)I am thinking 1 good one). if we don't do PGD than my heart wants to do 2 but my brain says 1.

It doesn't seem to encourage PGD for us, it only mentions using PGD for multiple miscarriages, genetic problems or multiple failed IVF's

but I am wondering if it's worth doing it anyways... we have had 1 miscarriage. It does seem to reduce the chance of miscarriage and increase the chance of implantation so to PGD or not ?
, does this effect the transfer day?

what about ICSI ?
If it increases the chance of fertilization than shouldn't we?

Surely if we can increase our odds by doing these "Added Extra's" then shouldn't we?

What to do with extra fertilized embryo's ? I am thinking freeze them as might need them again right? after 10 yrs I don't know. Depends if we use them all up doesn't it.

And of course we might not end up with any eggs and none of these stresses will be fruitful.


1 comment:

Our Catholic Family said...

Having been through the ferris wheel of infertility I know it's damn hard and stressful. But, once you are off all the hormones life starts to get more normal.

I've had many friends along the way try IVF and none did the genetic testing until they had multiple miscarriages. I don't know if that helps or not...

Think about it though...

If you do three you could end up with twins. And, you won't even need to think about doing this again for a long time! Or, you could end up with three...or maybe a singleton ;)

GOOD LUCK!!!

*sending baby vibes your way*